What a disappointing way to end the season, a fumble by the fourth string receiver. Rodgers looked… uneasy for much of that game. Props to the Carolina defense which looking to be in that dominant style, reminiscent of their 2015 Super Bowl run.
Okay, gotta recap two weeks worth cause I goofed hard and missed last week’s write up:
- Aaaaaah Carson Wentz
- Davante Adams OT caaaaaaaaatch (if that man is NOT in the Pro Bowl…)
- How did the Titans LOSE that game? This team is backing and stumbling into a one-and-done Wild Card weekend loss.
- Jay Cutler putting on a show against New England.
- Could the Seahawks… possibly… not make the playoffs this year? In a crowded NFC wild card race (less crowded, now that the Packers are eliminated), it’s possible that three NFC South teams in the playoffs (also I just don’t trust the Lions, sorry)
- Chiefs came to play when they needed to. Beating the Chargers just about locks up the division, barring insanity in the last two weeks (which is completely in the realm of possibility, as this season has been bonkers so far)
- The Rams are for real. Like, for real for real. They may be the team to beat as a team that has weathered to comparatively minor injuries they have had, while other teams have struggled to adjust to injuries to key players. Speaking of which…
- Nick Foles is a fine quarterback, but he struggled to move the ball consistently against a rather sad Giants unit, and their defense allowed Eli and co. to score 29 points, the most amount of points the Giants have scored in a game this season. But… he’s not Carson Wentz.
- Are the 2017 Cleveland Browns going to join the 2008 Detroit Lions in infamy as the only two teams to go 0-16 in a season? Will Hue Jackson keep his job if they do? Who would want to take over a team that went 4-44 across the last three seasons? We’ll all have to stay tuned…
- The Pats-Steelers game lived up to the hype. Another controversial call at a key moment. Shame, really. Both teams played exceptionally well.
Alright: in Week 14 I went 11-5, and in Week 15 I went 10-6; a 21-11 overall to add to my total of 116-75 at the end of Week 13, making my record 137-86 to begin Week 16.
Aaaaaand… I’m not even going to bother with statistical predictions.
Okay, let’s get into this week’s predictions:
Saturday Games, Dec. 23:
Indianapolis Colts (3-11) at Baltimore Ravens (8-6)
Gotta keep up in that AFC wildcard race, Ravens. A win over the Colts would help. Other than that, this game holds little intrigue for a team and coach in Indy going through the motions before massive overhaul in the offseason.
Statistical Prediction: Jacoby Brissett: 200+ total yards/3 total TDs
Score Prediction: Baltimore wins, 23-21
Minnesota Vikines (11-3) at Green Bay Packers (7-7)
Sad Packers fan is sad. At least we get another look at Hundley. Sure hope it doesn’t come to an OT… again.
Statistical Prediction: Hundley: 250+ pass yards 2+ pass TDs 50+ rush yards
Score Prediction: Minnesota wins, 30-21
Sunday 1 pm E Slot, Dec. 24:
Detroit Lions (8-6) at Cincinnati Bengals (5-9)
Statistical Prediction: Neither quarterback throws over 250 yards
Score Prediction: Detroit wins, 27-20
Miami Dolphins (6-8) at Kansas City Chiefs (8-6)
Statistical Prediction: Alex Smith: 4+ total TDs; Tyreek Hill: 100+ yards, 2 TDs
Score Prediction: Kansas City wins, 35-27
Buffalo Bills (8-6) at New England Patriots (11-3)
Statistical Prediction: Brady: 400 yards 5+ TDs
Score Prediction: New England wins, 45-21
Cleveland Browns (0-14) at Chicago Bears (4-10)
Statistical Prediction: Cleveland wins… please…
Score Prediction: Cleveland wins, 21-20
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-10) at Carolina Panthers (10-4)
Statistical Prediction: Cam: 300+ total yards, 3+ total TDs
Score Prediction: Carolina wins, 30-20
Atlanta Falcons (9-5) at New Orleans Saints (10-4)
Statistical Prediction: Ryan and Brees combine 500+ yards and 5+ TDs
Score Prediction: New Orleans wins, 34-30
Denver Broncos (5-9) at Washington Redskins (6-8)
Statistical Prediction: Cousins shreds the No Fly Zone for 400+ yards
Score Prediction: Washington wins, 24-14
Los Angeles Rams (10-4) at Tennessee Titans (8-6)
Statistical Prediction: Goff: 300+ yards, 3+ TDs
Score Prediction: Los Angeles wins, 31-21
Los Angeles Chargers (7-7) at New York Jets (5-9)
Statistical Prediction: Melvin Gordon: 150+ total yards, 2+ total TDs
Score Prediction: Los Angeles wins, 27-17
Sunday 4 pm E Slot, Dec. 24:
Jacksonville Jaguars (10-4) at San Francisco 49ers (4-10)
Statistical Prediction: Jacksonville Def: 5+ sacks, 2+ turnovers
Score Prediction: Jacksonville wins, 33-21
Seattle Seahawks (8-6) at Dallas Cowboys (8-6)
Statistical Prediction: Zeke: 150+ yards 2+ TDs, lots of eating
Score Prediction: Dallas wins, 30-28
New York Giants (2-12) at Arizona Cardinals (6-8)
Statistical Prediction: One team will have a 100+ yard rusher
Score Prediction: Arizona wins, 24-14
Pittsburgh Steelers (11-3) at Houston Texans (4-10)
Statistical Prediction: Roethlisberger: 300+ yards 4 TDs
Score Prediction: Pittsburgh wins, 34-21
Monday Night Football, Dec. 25:
Oakland Raiders (6-8) at Philadelphia Eagles (12-2)
Statistical Prediction: Carr: 300+ yards 3+ TDs
Score Prediction: Philadelphia wins, 28-24